We have significantly updated the Shippable platform with several new features. Hence most of the content in this blog is deprecated. Given below are updated blogs for the series - How to deploy to Elastic Beanstalk
- Part 1 covers source code deployment to AWS Elastic Beanstalk using a Node.JS app
- Part 2 covers deploying a Docker container to AWS Elastic Beanstalk using a Node.JS app
- A GitHub account, and working knowledge of git source control
- Experience with a java programming environment
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Local installations of Java7, Maven and MySQL
- Account permissions and keys for deploying to Elastic Beanstalk
Welcome to this week's edition of the news, blog posts and articles about continuous integration / deployment and software development in general that we found interesting!
- eBay engineering describes the evolution of eBay's CI system. eBay started off with an individual CI/Jenkins Master setup for each dev. eBay used a dedicated VM for each developer (each Jenkins instance had a dedicated VM). This got inefficient pretty fast resulting in underutilized VMs as well as too many VMs in general. Read about eBay's CI solution and how they arrived at it.